Buy a NEW Chrysler get $2.99 GAS for Three Years guaranteed

In a move to make its SUV and other low mpg vehicles instantly mor attractive, Chrysler has announced a novel new program to hel customers with the rising costs of fuel

Starting tomorrow Chrysler is offering buyers a gas card that wil

allow them to purchase fuel at a capped $2.99 per gallon for thre years, with a bunch of caveats. The automaker didn?t specify, fo instance, which vehicles would be eligible for the promotional rate or how much gas would be allowed during the three years

Chrysler did say that the program, which will have the automake

paying the balance of the gas cost over $2.99 a gallon, will cover 8 octane, E-85, and diesel. The fuel cards will only be able to be use at sanctioned stations that are as yet unspecified

Would the chance at three-years of cheap gas turn your head toward

Chrysler product

View the attachments for this post at:

JLA

PRESS RELEAS

Chrysler LLC Delivers Economic Stimulus; Protects Consumers fro

Rising Gas Prices for Three Year

"Let's Refuel America" available throughout the U.S exclusively at Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge dealerships through June 2

2008 Three-year price protection from volatile gas prices availabl on compact, mid-size and full-size models, minivans, crossovers an pickup truck model

Seventy-six percent of customers cite rising gas prices as "to

concern" Auburn Hills, Mich. - In response to direct custome feedback citing the prospect of rising gas prices as a top concern Chrysler LLC today announces its own economic stimulus package: a exclusive gas price protection policy that eliminates the risk o further spikes in fuel prices. With the U.S. purchase of eligibl Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles, customers can enroll in th "Let's Refuel America" program and receive a gas card tha immediately lowers their gas price to $2.99 a gallon, and keeps i there for three years. The offer is available at 3,521 U.S. Chrysler Jeep and Dodge dealerships through June 2, 2008, and is available o vehicles ranging from popular new compacts, crossovers and minivan to full-size diesel-powered pickup trucks

"Today we are proud to introduce an unprecedented program to hel

put customers' minds at ease and do something to help working peopl who are worried about the volatility of fuel prices and vehicle cos of ownership," said Jim Press, Vice-Chairman and President Chrysler LLC. "The Let's Refuel America Price Guarantee put money in your pocket today, and allows our customers to better manag their fuel expenses. And you can't get it anywhere else besides Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership.

The Let's Refuel America program offers consumers a combination of th

fuel price protection program and additional bonus cash up to $3,00 on available vehicles, including Chrysler PT Cruiser, Dodge Charger Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dakota and Dodge Ram

Consumer Economic Solution

Chrysler has a number of solutions to help our customers during thes

tough economic times. "Chrysler is committed to providing th best value, and the least worries, for our customers," sai Press. Chrysler's lineup includes five models for under $20,000 tha get 28 miles-per-gallon or better on the highway. To protec consumers from unexpected repair costs in the future, Chrysler model come with the industry's best powertrain warranty, covering th original owner for the life of the vehicle. And Chrysler has made number of its most popular options standard on its New Day Packag vehicles

Fuel Economy Solution

Chrysler currently offers six models that get better than 2

miles-per-gallon on the highway: Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebrin Convertible, Dodge Avenger, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot and Dodg Caliber. Through April, the six of these models combined have highe sales than in the first four months of 2007. The recently-launche

2009 Dodge Journey comes with an available 173-hp four cylinde engine, helping it achieve best in class fuel economy

The Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel 3.0-liter engine provides

class-leading driving range of approximately 450 miles and gets a estimated fuel economy of 18 miles/city and 23 miles/highway for 4x2 models and 17 miles/city and 22 miles/highway for 4x4 models. Outside of North America where fuel-saving diesel engines are in higher demand, Chrysler offers 17 models with diesel powertrains.

This fall, Chrysler will launch in the United States, two new hybrid SUVs, the Dodge Durango Hybrid and Chrysler Aspen Hybrid, boasting a fuel economy improvement of more than 25 percent overall, and 40 percent in the city. In 2010, the Dodge Ram Hybrid will reach the market. Chrysler is currently in the midst of a $3 billion powertrain investment offensive to develop new fuel-efficient powertrains and axles for our next-generation models.

Chrysler supports the federal government's new dramatically increased CAFE fuel economy standards, which will increase fuel efficiency by an average of 40 percent by 2020. Recently, Chrysler joined the US Climate Action Partnership, working to find solutions to global greenhouse gas emissions.

Customer Advisory Board

In February, Chrysler created the industry's first Customer Advisory Board to encourage a direct dialogue with customers and gather insight and feedback. A recent Advisory Board survey generated the following results: 76 percent of the community is "very concerned" or "extremely concerned" about fuel prices.

83 percent of the community responded that fuel prices will affect their summer vacation plans. (Note: the poll shows that 19 percent responded "extremely", 22 percent responded "very much", 30 percent responded "somewhat", and 12 percent responded slightly, 17 percent responded that it won't affect their plans.)

Program Description

The Let's Refuel America gas card program works when a customer purchases a new and unused Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge vehicle and selects the program in lieu of other available incentives. The customer is provided with the registration process documentation and registers providing their required personal information via the dedicated web site or toll-free 800 number. Once registered, the customer receives their gas card and separately, their Personal Identification Number (PIN) within 4 to 6 weeks of application. The customer then swipes their Let's Refuel America Gas Card at an eligible gas station, selecting up to 87 octane regular, E85 fuel or diesel fuel, and enters their PIN to begin the fueling process. After the fuel transaction occurs, the customer's personal credit card (identified in the registration process) is charged $2.99 per gallon.

Let's Refuel America Eligibility

The following vehicles are eligible for the Let's Refuel America program: Small/Compact Car Dodge Caliber, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible Mid-size Car Dodge Avenger, Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler Sebring Convertible Large Car Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum Crossover Dodge Journey Minivan Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town and Country Compact SUV Jeep Patriot, Jeep Compass Mid-size SUV Dodge Nitro, Jeep Liberty Large SUV Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander, Dodge Durango, Chrysler Aspen Pickup Truck Dodge Dakota, Dodge Ram, Dodge Ram HD The following vehicles are not eligible for the Let's Refuel America program: All SRT models, Dodge Viper, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Ram Chassis Cab, Chrysler Crossfire, Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Sprinter. Select Program Offer $2.99 guaranteed fuel card for up to 3 years

Offer valid with up to 87 octane regular unleaded fuel, E85 fuel or diesel fuel only, depending upon purchased vehicle* Yearly allotment of gallons provided Annual gallon allotment ends each year on 7/31 (first year ends

7/31/09) Enroll Easily register via a dedicated web site or by calling designated 1-800 number Personalized Let's Refuel America Gas Card arrives within 4-6 weeks of receipt of application Use & Save Use the Let's Refuel America Gas Card like any credit card ? just swipe and type in your PIN to use

Check account transactions online

  • If mid-grade or premium unleaded fuel is purchased, the customer will be billed for the .99 plus $.15 per gallon for mid-grade (88-89 octane) or plus $.30 for premium (90-94 octane). All other grades of fuel higher than 94 octane are not covered under this program and the full pump price will be billed through to the customer plus a service fee per transaction with no gallon usage penalty. If customer purchases unleaded gas (including E85) on a diesel card, or diesel fuel on an unleaded gas card, the customer will be billed the full pump price plus service fee per transaction with no gallon usage penalty View the attachments for this post at:
JLA

Interesting approach. I would have to see what the limitations were though. I'm already a Chrysler person throwing around the idea of a new car that gets better mileage.. that offer might get me to actually go to the dealership if it was sweet enough (and the keep the warranty deal too).

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I can't see the reason for offering the cap on gasoline cost up to 87 octane, while including diesel fuel. Diesel fuel is now the most expensive fuel there is. Why not include all grades of gasoline?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

Because Chrysler (like all automakers) know that practically all cars are designed to run on 87 octane gas, and that people that use higher octane gas do so because they either believe the oil company's marketing about the benefits of higher octane, or they routinely buy the mid-cost choice for most of what they buy, in the belief that they are insuring themselves against any dammages that can arise out of buying the lowest-priced item.

In otherwords, if you don't know any better, you approach a gas pump with the idea that if 87 is ok for my car, then 91 has got to be better for it.

Just like they know that a coach seat on an airplane is ok, but a business-class seat is better (but more expensive).

They equate higher-cost with better or desirable, but they don't know that logic rarely applies to the average car when it comes to gasoline octane.

It's bad enough that Chrysler is willing to subsidize $3.50 (87-octane) gasoline at the rate of $3. They sure as hell won't subsidize $4 (91 or 93 octane) gasoline at $3 when it's totally not necessary.

Reply to
MoPar Man

=2E =A0They sure as hell won't subsidize $4 (91 or 93 octane) gasoline at $3 when it's totally not

Just hide and wait! They'll be subsidizing $4 87 octane gasoline pretty soon!

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

No. We all know how these deals work. As soon as the promo commences Chrysler will start tracking the stations that are selling the cheap fuel to determine the ones that are selling the most fuel.

3 months later those stations will be removed from the approved list, and Chrysler will start tracking again. Another 3 months and the most popular stations will be removed again. 1 year after the promo ends, the only stations in any given market that will be on the approved list will be the ones that had the lowest fuel volume - principally because they were the most inconvenient stations for the fuel card holders to reach.

The only thing that would turn my head to buying a new gas hog would be if the price on it was discounted steeply enough so that the additional fuel costs of operating it over the life of the vehicle were made up by the discounting.

Chrysler simply needs to quickly ramp up production of it's fuel efficient small cars and ramp down production of it's gas hogs, and figure out how to make money making the small cars. This isn't anything that your typical bean counter cannot do.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I figured they would have come out with a PT Cruiser Hybrid by now.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

Wish they would offer the European diesel engine here in the PT Cruiser. If they had that engine, we would still have our 2005 Convertible. We bought a Caliber and are getting 29 around town using the air!

Reply to
Count Floyd

Nope, I keep my new cars much longer. I'm much more in the lifetime Powertrain warranty. I'm sure some who buy large vehicles will be influenced by this.

The diesel that was mentioned will have to wait a while. I'm very interested in it, but with 70% of Europeans buying diesels there is a supply problem. A friend of mine rented a VW with the new diesel last year in the UK. He didn't notice it was a diesel and looked under hood a few days later to see what the engine was. His 2 week overall mileage was about 55 mpg (Imperial), with about 50% highway driving.

Reply to
who

Definitely if Chrysler had a vehicle that I wanted. Unfortunately they don't at this time. If I had to buy now it would be Ford, Nissan or Toyota; who each have a vehicle that interests me.

Reply to
Some O

The $2.99 deal is a gimmick. Most vehicles have rebates and other incentives that far beat the expected gas savings. Taking the cheap gas deal means losing the rebates or other incentives.

Reply to
Miles

As if the rebates aren't also gimmicks?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

To an extent they are. When a new model year comes out there is generally no rebate. As the model year ends the rebates go up depending on inventory left on lots. They could also lower the invoice price to the dealer as well as lower the MSRP but customers react more to the rebates.

My point was that the $2.99 gas price will save peanuts compared to the typical rebates. For instance, the PT Cruiser now has a $4250 rebate. Even if gas hit $5/gallon the savings would only amount to $3015 figuring 24mpg average and driving the max allowed. That also assumes $5/gallon over the entire 3 years. It's down to $3.83 here now. I haven't even figured the interest savings if financing when taking the rebate.

Reply to
Miles

I just bought a 2008 RAM 1500 at the end of May. I took the cash incentives because we probably won't put 12,000 miles on it each year for the next three. So, our "savings" would probably be around a few thousand dollars at today's prices. And that's over three years. I got almost $11,000 off the sticker with the cash incentives.

Larry

** Posted from
**
Reply to