Can you add Factory Keyless Entry to a 1999 Caravan Sport

I recently purchased a 1999 Dodge Caravan Sport which has Power Locks and Power Windows.I have read on this newsgroup that if the caravan has the power windows and locks it already has the BCM unit with the keyless entry feature.,and that all you need are the remotes and to program them.Does anyone know if this is true and can it be programmed yourself or will the dealer have to program them? Thanks in advance for any and all help. Rick Yerke snipped-for-privacy@uplink.net

Reply to
Rick Yerke

Not true for my 1997. Remote can be added, but the components would be about $200 for after market and $300 for factory. However, this may be different compared to your 1999.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
mic canic