Can you identify this key???

My wife found a set of keys in her purse. One of them is a door or ignition key. The opening for the key ring is large. The key has been cut to fit a particular lock tumbler, but it also has an uncut "bar" in the middle of the key. It looks like a key blank was cut, split in half, and the halves attached to each side of an uncut blank. On the metal part of the key is what might be a Mercedes emblem. We have no idea where the keys came from or how they got in her purse. If I could identify what car the key fits, it might give us a clue.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Yah, It's the key to my apartment. I told her not to keep them in her purse! She should have left them at work! Damn, sorry dude. Strictly physical, no feelings involved.

Reply to
deadbeat

Tom, if I'm "seeing" this the way I think you described it, it sounds like a key cut for a European car, possibly a Mercedes.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I could scan it and send you a JPEG.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Scan it and post it here for everybody to look at. If the net nanny's don't like it, they don't have to look at it.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Or post it to a photo-hosting web site and post the URL.

Bill Putney

But that would be the smart and polite way and would never work for Denny.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting