Car at Stop - Turning wheel causes vibration

Strange problem with my 2002 Caravan. I noticed a vibration when turning left. I ruled out axles and hub bearings when I noticed that I can create this vibration sitting still in the driveway and just turning the steering wheel from left to right. You can watch the tire/wheel vibrate as it moves as you turn the steering wheel. Any ideas?

Reply to
dprkk

Belt slipping?

Bill Putney

Is belt slipping possible? I thought the tensioner keeps this from happening.

Bill Putney wrote:

Reply to
dprkk

Is belt slipping possible? I thought the tensioner keeps this from happening.

Bill Putney wrote:

Reply to
dprkk

Well yeah, the tensioner should help keep the belt from slipping if it is working properly. But if the belt is aging and significantly glazed there may not be enough friction to keep it from slipping a little, especially if the tension is not correctly set.

Reply to
Greg Houston

I'll give this a try. I've been meaning to change the belt out for some time now. It dosen't show cracks but does show a slight glazing. Thanks for the comments.

Greg Houst>

Reply to
dprkk

Its a common complaint and Chrysler cant seem to get rid of it. It only does it at parking lot or driveway turning, there were some TSB's out for this but nothing seemed to eliminate the problem. Don't waste you money on a belt and tensioner unless the belt is due for replacement or the tensioner is seized up.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower