Caravan 2001 Airbag light woes

Back in February, I had the clockspring replaced at the dealer on my 01 Caravan because of the airbag light coming on and off randomly. Well, its back. The dealer charged me a couple hundred for 6 months of peace, and I suspect they will charge me again if/when I return it. When it comes on, if I smack the middle of the steering wheel hard a few times, it will go out. I suspect a loose something or other and wonder if I should try to disassemble and find out myself, or should I not risk further trouble. I'm reasonably competent with repairs and simply want to perhaps check the connections, if any, or whatever else I may find, like a bad ground, but I never delved into this system before and need some guidence. Anyone have this problem and fixed it themselves? Rick

Reply to
Rick

Don't mess with this basic safety system. If there is a recall you want to show that the dealer did the work so that you can get reimbursed. Check to see if the work you already did is covered by the current recall.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to