Caravan rough idle

Hi,

My 94 Caravan 3.3 (180K Miles) recently started rough idle in all gears. But seems ok when the car is moving. It shakes a lot with the rough engine anytime even in Parking and Neutral. At red lights I often feel it's going to stall, but release the brake, it runs fine. Any advice is appreciated.

John

Reply to
John61

If plugs and wires are known good, then thoroughly clean the throttle body and choke plate to solve your problem. A can of good fuel injector cleaner (Dupont Techron) in the tank won't hurt either.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to
jdoe

Have the vacuum check. Look around for cracked or broken vacuum hoses. An engine will idle rough and/or die at idle if there is a serious vacuum leak. Do you have any trouble with the A/C vent changing between floor/dash/defogger? That's usually controlled by vacuum. I'm not familiar with the caravan, but thsi is common with cars.

Reply to
FLY135