Caravan/T&C Brake question

I have owned Caravans since 1984. The most recent is a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT with the 4.0 liter engine, towing package, and 17" wheels,

225/65R17 tires (regular profile tire).

I have 39,000 miles on the car and have just replaced the brakes AGAIN.

This is the 3rd set ! The first two were covered by Dodge warranty so not a big deal, but I recently started to feel a vibration when braking and dealer said brakes, and turn the rotors.

On my other two Caravans, I think I replaced brakes about every 30,000 miles or so.

I am a conservative driver, no last minute hard braking, I take my foot off the gas when the light way ahead turns red.

This is a fairly flat area, so there is no extended braking when going downhills.

I just can't figure a reason for the rapid brake wear. I am beginning to suspect, that since Chrysler/Dodge extended the warranty on the brakes, there was a problem with them.

Perhaps it was the brake material used on the pads, or maybe they totally missed the design vs vehicle weight parameters and used brakes that were just too small for the application?

Anyone else experiencing rapid wear?

Is there an aftermarket option I can get that will extend the pad life? Premium pads?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
QX

There is a TSB that was issued by Chrysler (05-006-08) that covers symptoms such as excessive noise, squeal/shudder/vibration and/or lining life complaints. It just says to change the pads to part #68053152AA and change the rotors.

I suspect they are just going to a better pad, If it's under warranty, of course, have them do it. If not, I'd have the rotors turned or replaced, and either put on a severe-duty pad (Wagner, Raybestos, etc.) or a quality ceramic pad.

Reply to
SRN