CD-changer Chrysler Stratus 96

Howdy,

I am a new owner of the Chrysler Stratus, from 1996... However I want a CD changer in it.... Does Chrysler uses 1 kind of CD brand?

Thanks, Greetz from Holland- Daniel

Reply to
daniel

Most of them have one or another form of the Infinity system in them.

Try this site.

me-not-you

Infinity provides the upgraded sound system, NOT the CD changer (which is manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Company). You can check out Crutchfield, but you can also go to ebay and buy a unit (AM Stereo/FM Stereo/CD/Cassette) that will fit and plug right into the existing space with the existing plugs and will not require any modifications. Just a thought...................

Reply to
RPhillips47

If yours has a tape cassette in it, buy a portable CD player and an adapter that plugs into the headphone jack. Most of the better ones these days come with car kits that have the adapter and a power plug for the cigarette lighter. And many of the portable CD players will play data CD's that have mp3s burned on them which is going to give you far more music than a changer. Plus if someone breaks in they won't destroy your dash stealing the CD player.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I don't know the answer.

I installed a chysler brand accessory 6-disc changer in a 2000 dodge stratus (USA model) from

It was easier than I expected.

But:

  1. you have a 1996 (that may not be a problem, same radio was used in my
97 stratus)
  1. I don't know which sound systems were used in european versions. Mine came from the factory with a radio and casette tape with the CD controls already built into the radio. So this was just plugging in 2 DIN cables as I remember.

good luck Steve

Reply to
Steve Driska