CD Player Wiring - 1993 Fifth Avenue

My son needs to know how to wire a CD player. Could someone tell me the color scheme?

Thanks!

Reply to
pagenie

You can always go with good old trial and error :).. Figure out your constant power, your ground and your switched power (a voltameeter will tell you that) or a 12V light bulb and assume that black is ground :). then just use one speaker conection from the CD player and figure out what speaker is what :)... Or.. maybe someone else acctually knows... I don't but I always do the trial and error method.. its usually faster than finding the book or waiting for someone to tell me the correct wiring and have it be wrong :)

Reply to
Utahcherokee01

Does he wish to replace the current in-dash unit, and use the use the existing speakers?

The easiest way, is to purchase an adapter kit. This allows the new stereo to utilize the existing connectors. I have found the kits at Radio Shack and other retailers that sell car stereos. I paid about $9 for the last one that I bought.

Most Chrysler products from the mid-1980's until 2000, used the same wiring setup.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Reply to