Changing plugs 97 Intrepid

3.5L, local garage quotes .7 labour to do this. Is there more to than meets the eye or is this an easy thing to do in my laneway?
Reply to
aieo

If they can do that job in 3/4 of an hour they are speedy or doing a shoddy job. You can do it yourself if you have all the correct tools and some patience. How old are the plug wires? Plus I would only use OEM parts. Every time I tried to save a little money using after market plugs and wires I had starting problems as soon as it cooled off in the fall. I replaced them with OEM and it solved the starting problem.

Grizz440

Reply to
grizz

Reply to
philthy

For what it is worth, it takes me about 30 minutes to remove the plug wire, remove the old plugs, gap new ones, replace them all, and re-install the plug wires on my son's 1996 Eagle Vision 3.5L (same engine and basic car as the Intrepid). It is not a difficult job since everything is readily accessible from the top. All you should need is a 3/8" ratchet, 12" extension, and the appropriate deep well socket with the foam spark plug insert.

Replacing the wires though takes a little more effort to re-run everything and shield them properly.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

It's too good; too fast to do a good job.

Reply to
who