Charger 2005 revision.

Does anyone, have any photos of the NEW Charger that is suppose to start being built in Canada, in January 2005 and the vehicle released in July 2005 for purchase.

Earlier in 2003 there was a concept, but now this vehicle is being built on the platform of the Magnum, and 300. I would like to see some photos, if anyone has any or can direct me. THANKS

Reply to
Marty

Here is a thread from September on the 300M Enthusiasts forums with a link to some photos:

Bill Putney

So you want to know why the Charger is coming back?

You want to know - the rest of the story - ?

It's enough to make your stomach turn. We have Zetshe's kids to thank for the Charger. What does it say when Chrysler's new model offerings come at the whim of a couple of German kids? Heck - not even American kids. Makes my skin crawl to see what's happened to Chrysler.

Also -

?Chrysler was always elegance,? says Zetsche.

Is that why you cancelled the original 300N concept in 2000? What - it wasn't elegant enough for you Zetsche?

Ya sure, the 300C is really elegant - isin't it. You moron.

?Dodge is power, in your face."

Then why did you give us the "in your face" 300?

I think this is a pic of the new charger:

This was the concept from a few years ago:
"Many are annoyed because the new car has four doors; the original had two. And they are perplexed by the car?s bulbous nose, which looks like it was snatched from the front end of a Dodge Ram pickup"

Heh. Even the 300 has a front-end that looks better on an SUV.

Every car that Chrysler is now making looks like they're morphing into a single model.

----------------------

on Sun, Oct. 24, 2004 Chrysler clearing Charger?s comebackBy Sholnn Freeman Wall Street Journal

Two years ago, when Chrysler Group was trying to decide whether to remake a famous muscle car from the 1970s, part of the answer came from two German boys: the teenage sons of Chrysler chief Dieter Zetsche.

In the fall of 2002, the boys attended a media event at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum and got their first close-up look at the powerful Chargers, Baracudas and Challengers the company had built in the past. ?I couldn?t get them out of there,? Zetsche recalls. Later, he found them looking up the cars on the Internet.

With the boys? enthusiasm in mind, Zetsche eventually green-lighted a plan to build a new Dodge Charger, which will be launched next year as the third in a string of big, powerful cars that includes the Chrysler

300 and the Dodge Magnum.

?These are two European guys who knew nothing about the history? of the vintage Detroit cars and ?what they mean to Americans,? Zetsche says. ?If the Charger could get them revved up, then I thought it would have much more resonance in the (U.S.) market.?

This year, Chrysler scored a big hit with the 300, which created a buzz in the industry by harking back to a more classically American style of car design. Next, the Germans who run DaimlerChrysler AG?s Chrysler unit hope to repeat their success with a car that descends more directly from an American classic.

Consumers? reaction to the new Charger will help determine whether the German-American carmaker?s recovery continues. While the 300 has lifted Chrysler sales, the Dodge brand is still waiting for a high-volume car. The Dodge Magnum, a station wagon based on the 300?s basic components, is selling well, but wagons have been reduced to a niche in the American market.

Although the new Charger is based on the same components as the 300, Zetsche pushed Chrysler?s designers to fashion a totally different look. ?Chrysler was always elegance,? he says. ?Dodge is power, in your face. This is what led to the Charger.?

In the past few years, nostalgia for Detroit muscle cars has taken off. Baby boomers, who remember the cars from their childhoods, have been paying big bucks to buy and restore yesterday?s hot models such as the Baracuda, Pontiac GTO and Chevy Camaro. At the same time, rappers have started using lavishly restored muscle cars in music videos, stoking interest among the younger crowd. And the old Charger has been getting lots of attention.

The Charger name, says Ralph Gilles, the car?s lead designer who also did the Chrysler 300 C, ?is something that?s been dormant in our history. There are times when it?s the right time to bring it up. Now is a very, very key time to do that car.?

Reviving classic nameplates doesn?t always pay off, however. Late last year, General Motors Corp. revived the Pontiac GTO, but the new version sports a generic, Euro-Asian design that looks nothing like the classic GTOs of the 1960s and ?70s. So far, GM has sold just 5,551 GTOs this year, well below its expectations.

Although few people outside Chrysler had seen the Charger as of early this month ? only a few sketches and a postage-stamp-size spy shot were making the rounds on the Internet ? the look of the new car doesn?t seem to be clicking with fans of the vintage model. Many are annoyed because the new car has four doors; the original had two. And they are perplexed by the car?s bulbous nose, which looks like it was snatched from the front end of a Dodge Ram pickup. The old Charger had a lean, shark-like nose.

Reply to
MoPar Man

The charger looks pretty dope, I am very impressed with the new Magnum, test drive one and you will see if you haven't... I am a fan of the HEMI... Looking forward to the charger...

Reply to
bencon