"Check engine" Light came on for about 5 minutes........

94 New Yorker v-6 3.5 140k + As I was driving to work this mourning, the check engine light came on 5 min before I was there,(13miles). I checked the Eng. and tranny oil, water, and it was fine. As I ran it again for a few short drives throughout the day, it didn't came one any more. And then when I drove back home, It still didn't come on. Can this be normal? This is the first time I've seen this light come on while running since I first bought it (a year ago) and have not had any major problems other than reglar maintenance. Thanks.
Reply to
jp

If check engine light comes on and then goes off suddenly, you may have an intermittent problem with a component. Go to Autozone and they can pull the error codes from the computer free.

Reply to
Rajsircar