Chimes and no indicator lights 99 caravan

I restarted my car after a recent drive and heard continuous chimes, I also noticed that the top row of indicator lights did not light up when I started the car.

My Service engine soon light has been on for the past month or so but did not light up. (note I had the light checked and it was the o2 sensor, they turned it off but it came right back on again so i left it...)

I turned the car off and on two more times with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
friedmanalan1

---------------------------------

I went out an hour later and restarted the car - now trhe indicator lights work as normal and there were no chimes. Hmmmmm.....

Reply to
friedmanalan1

You had an O2 sensor replaced for the lite being on and that didn't fix it so you left it alone? What ever happened to taking it back after you just had it repaired to get it fixed right?

Find out what codes are stored in the all the modules and let me know.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Glenn, Sorry about the mis communication - I did not have the sensor replaced. I had the code checked and the light turned off (by a mechanic) the light turned on again shortly after I left and I have ignored it since then. I don;t believe the chiming and the loss of the whole upp instrument panel lighting is related to the Service Engine Soon light - I think they are separate. I will take the car to a mechanic and check the codes again or get the o2 sensor replaced in the near future. (but again I think this is a separate issue)

Reply to
friedmanalan1

It is in NO WAY related. I thought you meant you had the 02 sensor replaced and what I was suggesting was take it back for the 02 sensor problem and have them scan the BCM for related codes for your chime problem.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

------ I went to a garage this morning and had it scanned. The computer said it is a slow CGR response (apparently the valve) - the mechanic told me to ignore it. They turned off the service engine soon light and it came right back on... There was nothing in the scan about the chimes - the mechanic didn't have any insight either except to say that I may want to worry about it! The chimes have not happened again and the car seems to be running OK...

- Alan

Reply to
friedmanalan1