chrysler 2.7 engine pulsates at high rpm

when I rev the engine it gets to a certain point and starts to pulsate. If I try to go higher it appears to have a govener and won't let the engine go any faster. Can anyone explane this?

Reply to
RogerWo

How many miles on the car? Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

check engine light?

has it been scanned for codes?

Reply to
Rob

The car has 133,000 miles. I have never changed the fule filter or the fuel pump.

Reply to
Roger

Yes. P0340 and P1391 come up when the car stalls.

Reply to
RogerWo

Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction

- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor

- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted

- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

- Faulty starter motor

- Starting system circuit

- Dead (Weak) battery

CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition

- Timing belt or chain stretched or jumped

- Faulty Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor

- Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor harness is open or shorted

- Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection.

Hope this helps...

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Thank you for your help. You gave me some interesting things to check. The starter and battery. I hope they work too.

Reply to
RogerWo

I don't know how different the 2.7L engine is, but the camshaft position sensor was very easy to replace on our '02 300M (3.5L). Maybe $10 or less for the part from AutoZone.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Since you've got two codes that want to point to the cam position sensor (and related wiring), and only one of them also points to the battery or starter, I wouldn't expect it to be that.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

don't assume its the sensor. it could be the cam sensor harness too,

and lets not forget the timing chain.

"RogerWo" wrote >> pfeiffer wrote:

Reply to
Rob

I appreciate the suggestions. Looking at them I think my next mission is the cam shaft sensor and it's wiring. before I start going into the motor. I will post what happens. thanks.

Roger

Reply to
RogerWo