Chrysler 300C rental car in Canada?

Hi there!

When visiting Canada as a tourist for a while, I wonder if their might be a chance to get a Chrysler 300C as a rental car during my stay. Do you know of any car rental company in Canada having the Chrysler 300C available? If so, what category will it be: Luxury, Premium?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
Uwe Schwertfeger

i work with a guy who rented the 300 in toronto a few months ago. i think he got it from Budget Rent-a-car but i could be wrong. You could just call and ask.. ...thehick

Reply to
frank-in-toronto

I know of people who have rented some 300s here in the US but not 300Cs. I would think that Chrysler halted fleet sales to rental agencies - if they ever were selling them 300Cs - in order to fill the very high demand at their dealerships. I could be wrong.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

Try Thrifty. By this time I'm thinking that many Thrify locations now have the 300C.

The best way to garantee renting a 300C is to get the phone number for the various rental companies at the airport you'll be landing at.

I mean the phone numbers at the airport (not the main rental car number). Call them and ask if they have the 300C. And double-check it's the "C" and not the "M".

I wanted to rent a 300C this summer while in Banff. Thrifty said they had a "C" but turns out it was an M. I then found out that another company (Hertz or National or maybe even Avis) rented the 300C's but had none to rent that day (and in fact said that the C's were booked far in advance).

You'll pay 2 times the daily rate for a Hemi C (if they have one) vs an ordinary car (Intrepid).

I just looked at Thrify. Renting a 300M for a week from Toronto Pearson Airport (unlimited milage). With all taxes in, it'll cost $385 CDN for a week (232 Euros). An intrepid would cost $300 cdn (180 Euros)

Reply to
MoPar Man

MoPar Man schrieb:

I will come up with a prepaid reservation for an Alamo all-inclusive (taxes, insurances) "Full Size" car. Just in case they might have a 300C available, I wonder how much an upgrade to that one would cost me.

Thanks

Reply to
Uwe Schwertfeger

Ask Alamo!!

Click on locations and then follow world map. There is a Toronto airport location.

Of course no hire company will guarantee you a particular model but are willing to try. E.g. last summer I asked Avis Verona for a particular Alfa Romeo, and they supplied it!

(Similarly a year or two ago I asked Hertz NYC for a Ford Mustang and they reserved one -- but I could not get it because of some issues with my UK drivng licence -- no such problem with Budget or Avis et al. Ggrrr....)

You have, of course, already established that it is on the fleet.

Yes, why don't you just discuss with the rental location?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

If you've made arrangements through an agent in Europe to rent a car in USA/Canada, you should check your rates to see if you're getting screwed or not. There are no special arrangements you need to make with a European agent that you can't do yourself directly with the rental company either on-line or right at the rental counter when you land.

If you've made arrangements with an agent, you've probably already had some sort of deposit or charge made against the rental, which means you won't be able to back out of the rental once you land and walk up to the rental counter.

When you get off the plane, you might want to pick up the rental car courtesy phones at the airport and ask them if they have a 300C available, and at what rate. You may just end up switching to them instead of your pre-arranged rental. I make rental arrangements occasionally and decide at the airport to take a cab instead. Nothing lost there, no need to inform the rental company.

Also - you don't have to purchase additional insurance (I could be wrong - there could be fine print stating that residents of over-seas countries MUST purchase additional insurance, but I doubt it).

I know that renting a car with automatic transmission in Europe generally needs some advance planning, but for a European coming to North America no such planning is needed -> you'll get a car with auto transmission regardless if you want it or not.

I have had my travel agent arrange car rentals in Germany (for example

- Sixt), but I think in general it's easier for a European to walk off a plane in North America and rent a car than vice-versa. I always get a chuckle when renting a car in Europe - they always do the walk-around, noting every scratch, etc. In North America, you can bring a Grand Am back to the lot all banged up and they don't notice (don't ask me how I know this)...

Reply to
MoPar Man

See below.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Have you rented recently? Hertz and National give the cars a good once over these days when you bring them back now.

Reply to
Art

I rent a car at a US airport about 8 times per year (more in previous years). Usually Avis. The proceedure is get off the rental bus and either get dropped off right at the car, or go to the counter, fill out the paperwork, and walk to the car. Keys already in the car. Get it, turn it on, drive away. NO ONE is ever there to do a once-over of the car with you, look for scratches/dents, etc.

Do they still even put those diagrams of the car in the rental envelope showing where existing dammage is?

When bringing the car back (which is usually an open-air lot, sometimes it's inside a covered parking garage), you pull up behind the last car, get out, wait for an agent to scan the car, look at the milage and gas gauge, and print your receipt on the spot. To me it seems they barely glance at the rest of the car. And if you're bringing the car back at night - good luck seeing any dammage.

Maybe the airport rental locations are more lax about this (hmm- lax.)

Maybe if you rent at smaller, low-volume, inner-city or suburban locations they pay more attention to the cars.

Reply to
MoPar Man

Last time at Orlando airport and Islip on Long Island, National and Hertz took a good look at the car when I returned it. In fact the Taurus had a ding that I did not notice when I picked it up but I saw it after my first lunch stop with the car. Don't know if someone hit it with a door in the parking lot while I ate or if I just missed it. Hertz saw it but did not try to charge me.

Reply to
Art

MoPar Man schrieb:

I checked with Alamo's website: Taking into account that the "rental package" offered by my travel agent includes an additional liability insurance covering up to 1 million Euros I am better off with that.

Yes, I guess I will call or email the airport counter of Alamo a few days before my arrival to ask them about a 300C.

Reply to
Uwe Schwertfeger