Chrysler 300M

Note I said Chrysler's situation is "part of the problem". I said in an earlier post I noted the current gas prices with the resulting dislike of larger vehicles is a big part of the problem. It's become a very emotional response to the very quick run up in gas prices. Also I said in an earlier post is one doesn't drive a ton of miles per year a good used larger car can be just as economical to drive as a more fuel efficient car. Looking at the savings in fuel with a vehicle like the Rogue or Compass, it's not that big a factor. They aren't getting the mileage one would expect; the revised EPA 2008 ratings show that.

That's what I said and I don't feel the 300M is a gas guzzler. It's the

300C that is.

The 300M's fuel mileage is very similar to the 3.3L LH cars or even the

2.7L Sebring which is only slightly better in urban driving.
Reply to
Josh S

A new car payment would easily exceed the fuel cost of driving my

440-powered '66 Dodge EVERY DAY, burning premium at 12 mpg and $4.25/gallon. I've been averaging a little less than 20k miles per year.

Now, I *did* recently pick up a used Jeep that gets 20 mpg on regular, but I still have no car payment (and besides, the Jeep is almost as much fun, in a different way, as the '66).

Reply to
Steve

UGH! Very high pollution from that oldie. You should limit it to show car use. I wouldn't have admitted I'm driving it regularly.

Reply to
Just Facts

"UGH! Very high pollution from that oldie.

oh i don't know. with proper jetting and timing, they run real clean. why shouldn't he admit it? hell i think he should do some BRAGGING!

Reply to
rob

You drove 3K miles p.a. when you were 15?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

MoPar Man; many thanks for your and others input on the 300M. It was very helpful. I'm hoping I don't have all the problems you've had.

After a few weeks of looking around I got a fairly priced 2004 300M in a private sale. I has only 40k miles on it and seems in great condition. About a years driving will confirm it's condition.

Are cars getting to complex? The settings for seat, mirrors, radio and the garage opener are very functional, but it's a bit of a task to learn how to get it right. My garage door opener is one with a rolling key, so I had to learn how to get it to teach the 300M opener. Hopefully this info is retained when the battery needs changing and it's a one time task.

One thing I noticed with the 300M and another 2004 I test drove, is it is very prone to pull off track on an uneven (ruts from heavy vehicles) pavement road. My '95 Concorde is much better in this respect. A characteristic of the wider tires I suspect, I'm wondering if a sightly higher pressure will help. The tires are only about 40% worn.

Reply to
Josh S