Chrysler and how they are introducing the (ug) 300C

Why on earth has Chrysler forsaken the Detroit Auto Show as the venue to drive what should be a top-secret new body design through a fake foam wall as it leaps onto a stage and stops just inches behind Dieter Zetsche's sorry ass?

Go to

to see what I mean.

What a let-down the Detroit auto show is going to be. No surprises from Chrysler. They stole their own thunder and pissed it all over the floor.

Sing for me Celine. Sing for me ...

Reply to
MoPar Man

The new 300 is NOT following the "sport-luxury" legacy of that badge. If Chrysler wanted to build a Bentley-looking luxury BOX, they should have brought back the "Imperial" or "New Yorker" badge to put on it! Those badges would fit the design better...it is the "luxury" without even a hint of "sport", which is NOT what the 300 is all about. The 300 should remain a "sporty" design with "luxury appointments around the edges. Boy, did they ruin the "300" badge with this new design, or what!?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I don't agree...

It's going to be something special. You may not like how it looks but many many will. As far as sportiness goes, it's got it all, RWD, 350HP V8, 5 Sp Automatic. It's right up there with the entire 300 lineage, only better....

Reply to
Sam Man

I like it too. The 300's were all big sedans. I have no clue how the rumor got started that it was sporty. That's nuts. The only thing I don't like about it is the C-pillar looks so Mercedes to me. But I still might buy one.

Reply to
Joe

Re: Why on earth has Chrysler forsaken the Detroit Auto Show?

Because if it ain't German, it ain't gonna make it from this point forward. Period. Why bother with Detroit anymore?

Face it guys, Chrysler is a "captive import" now.

As for the 300, if I'd wanted something like that back in 1997, I'd have driven to my Mercedes Dealer and bought one. I sold (as a profession), owned, and drove Chryslers because they were American and I loved the engineering heritage and history of the company. Not because of any association with Daimler-Benz.

Cars like the Crossfire, Pacifica, and now the 300 and Magnum Wagon (Just who's bright idea was it not to give Dodge sedan replacement for the Intrepid, anyway?) sicken me.

I don't like the "Daimlerized" cars. They aren't attracting positive attention and the one's in production aren't selling well. Whatever you guys think is OK with me, but it's hard for me to see how any Mopar Nut can stand in support of the new regime, their failures, repeat of failures, lack of understanding of the American market, and almost total disregard for the great history of the Former Chrysler Corporation. Maybe it's because we don't have a choice? Gimme the Charger R/T and I'll shut up.

Kevin Wolford '89 Dodge Dakota 4X4 '69 Plymouth Road Runner '01 Chrysler PT Cruiser (and the way it's going, the last Mopar) '02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT (Bought when it was confirmed the Charger R/T won't be.)

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

I've got news for you buddy: Several hundered of us have spent the last three years of our lives creating the LX sedans. This was done right here in the good ole USA. Other than some components that we have borrowed from Daimler it's all american.....

Are you sure?

You don't deserve a Charger R/T.....

Reply to
Sam Man

That's OK. Hopefully Daimler will find many new buyers to replace me.

As far as a Charger R/T, you get your wish. No one will ever get one.

I used to frequent this forum. I just came back to see what was going on. I don't want to start a fight and the sales numbers will prove who's right in the long term.

I feel most sorry for the dealers and employees who sacrificed many times over in the past to put Chrysler in the leadership position they used to have. I have no beef with you. The cars may be for some but they're not for me. For your sake, I hope they sell.

After defending and supporting Chrysler Corp. to keep the good things coming (from the late 1970's on) this has been more than I can take. I'm sorry. The 300 looks more like a Mercedes than a Mopar. And when the Super8 flopped at the auto shows, another direction besides the very similar Magnum should have been developed. Reports in Automotive News Dodge Dealers have been crying out loud for a sedan, but at last report the Magnum was only to be introduced as a wagon. (Unless Stuttgart bucked under pressure.) And I'm still trying to figure out how the Dodge Sprinter is supposed to increase van Market Share?

I am sure you did the best you could with your current bosses and I hope my mind is changed when I see one on the street. But one thing can not be denied. Chrysler Corporation no longer exists. Daimler runs the show. I still have a tough time adjusting to that.

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

Also, please tell me the Kahuna is not the next generation Minivan. Please?

I'm leaving now. Good luck to you.

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

Many of your American cars have been made in Mexico and Canada for some time.

profession),

positive

failures, lack

because we

Charger R/T

surprises

should remain

Reply to
Art Begun

But R&D was done in the USA. People get all hung up on final place of assembly. And I'm in Canada and buy American assembled cars. Simply because otherwise my choices would be limited to a van (Ford, or dodge), Pacifica, a crownvic, intrepid, 300,etc, impala, buicks, and half-tons. However the North American auto industry is very integrated and it's better to keep it in the continent than overseas.

Reply to
Bill 2

I have to agree with you. I don't like the "German engineered American designed" concept of new cars in this "merger" (AKA takeover).

The cars don't look Chrysler, and they aren't priced Chrysler. And chances are the upcoming Neon replacement will be a Mitsubishi with Benz pricing. Soon I'll have to write Chrysler off as being Domestic.

Reply to
Bill 2

Ditto for the Chrysler Group of DC.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

  1. The Intrepid/Concorde/Vision looked like nothing from Chrysler in 93 when they were first introduced either.
  2. Nobody knows what the pricing on the LX will be.
Reply to
Lloyd Parker

True, but irrelevant....

Reply to
Steve

Here's to hoping and praying that the Jeep/Truck division manages to maintain the autonomy they've kept so far. More and more it looks like any post-2000 Mopar I ever own is going to be a truck or SUV.

Reply to
Steve

"Lloyd Parker" wrote

But unfortunately they are slowly taking that away.

Reply to
Bill 2