Chrysler Concorde 3.2L 1999 brakes question

Hi I took my chrysler to a garage to get my brake pad done but when I returned I found out that I needed to get the tire rod done and rotors machined. I did all that and then they told me to get wheel alignment/ balancing which I did too but they wasted 5 hours on it because according to them some screw or bolt is inside of the tire which makes it pretty hard to reach. Whatever after driving my car for about 1 week i realized the car is not stable any more also when I braked it jerks a bit which is most probably the rotors.

I have the following question :

Q1. If I get my rotors changed do I have to get the wheel balancing done again? Q2. When I turn my wheel to the full left the car gets bumpy, what can be the reason behind it?

I hope I am not troubling you guys.

Deepak Sharma

Reply to
sharma.deepak83

wasted 5 hrs on it??? on what?

If your not happy with the work or think there is something wrong take it back. If the rotors were not machined correctly you would get a pulsation when braking but this should have been noticed when you picked it up.....either way, if you are not happy with repairs take it back!!!

no

Can not see or drive the car so that would be hard to asnwer, however if the tires were rotated at the time they were balanced and the rear ones were cupped on (the outside) and now got placed on the front....this could be what your feeling. But once agian, cant see, cant drive it on line.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I dont remeber they rotating my tires all they did was selected my car in the system ( computer ) hooked up four diffrent electronics instruments to my tires and then wasted 5 hours trying to rotate a bolt so that something on the screen gets leveled. After they got everything leveled they just got the car down and took it for a test drive and gave it aok. Does unbalanced causes the axel to break or something.

Reply to
sharma.deepak83

Out of balance tires cause vibration, What they probably had a hard time doing was adjusting the toe. The sleeves will seize up and cause this type of time consuming problem.

Reply to
maxpower

So do you think I should get my tires balanced again. I really don' t want my tire out of balance to cause any serious errors/problems.

Reply to
sharma.deepak83

You just got the vehicle back from the shop, the problem has not been fixed or something else was created due to the service done. Why not take it back to them and let them make the decision. If the tires need balancing again have it done!! I would not pay for it again since you claim it was just done.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Max

I lied I got the brakes done one week ago but it had been unstable since then and I don't think so I will be able to visit the place till the end of next week.

Reply to
sharma.deepak83

My thought exactly. There is a very good aftermarket toe adjuster sleeve for the LH cars - has a nice hex head on it (original OEM sleeve was a horrible design):

Bill Putney