Chrysler/GM to team up on hybrids

By 2007, it may be too late. Should have licensed Toyota technology like Ford to get in the game faster.

Reply to
Art

Sounds like they're planning on jumping in with a significantly more advanced technology. That might mean they wind up trumping Toyota pretty soundly, depending on how fast Toyota can roll out their own new tech. Right now, hybrids are only a little better than a novelty because there are gasoline and diesel compacts that get significantly better mileage than the hybrids. And where have all the first-gen Priuses and Insights gone? I almost never see one anymore.

Reply to
Steve

| > By 2007, it may be too late. Should have licensed Toyota technology like | > Ford to get in the game faster. | >

| | Sounds like they're planning on jumping in with a significantly more | advanced technology. That might mean they wind up trumping Toyota pretty | soundly, depending on how fast Toyota can roll out their own new tech. | Right now, hybrids are only a little better than a novelty because | there are gasoline and diesel compacts that get significantly better | mileage than the hybrids. And where have all the first-gen Priuses and | Insights gone? I almost never see one anymore. |

You see them all over the place here...especially the Prius. You even see an occasional Civic hybrid.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, James C. Reeves wrote (with improper quote characters yet again...)

The Civic hybrid is a *current* model. Steve was asking about the *FIRST* generation Prius and Insight.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I missed that point. :-( I never did see many of the first generation models, even when they first came out. There is one Insight parked at the office building next door.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

The Insight sold poorly. I've only seen a few. There is tremendous demand for used Prius's around here in central NC. People are paying more for used models than what they originally sold for new.

Reply to
Art

Back when I worked for General Electric Semiconductor division, we were always reminded that by the time we perfected our new breakthru technology the old technology might be improved and just as good.

Reply to
Art

James: Fix your quote character, dammit!

You've got it set to | It should be >

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I don't remember setting it for anything. But will check the settings.

| > I missed that point. :-( I never did see many of the first generation | > models, even when they first came out. There is one Insight parked at the | > office building next door. | >

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Better? ;-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Glad to have made your day in such a Devine way! :-)

What was the character doing to your news reader? Just curious. On the surface it *seemed* benign enough.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Can't talk. Basking in divine beatitude.

Foozling its ability to rejustify paragraphs that included (anywhere in the quote-character string) anything other than >.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Much. Thanks.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

I rarely saw them when they were new.

Reply to
Bill 2

In the rest of the world this advice would be considered dangerous, since the authorities have a right to check what's in your tank.

It might be unlikely that an 'ordinary' user who happened to do an occasional deal with farmer will be caught, but a farmer whose consumption is unexpectedly high can certainly expect sanctions.

However the US may be different 'automotively' I would be surprised if the US were any different in this respect.

(My short and rude respone to your advice is "horse manure".)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

That could be used to generate methane! 8^)

Bill Putney

Yeah, but its expensive to convert a diesel engine to run on methane (though it is done pretty often....)

:-p

Reply to
Steve

Nomen is full of crap as usual. It is very much illegal to run fuel that hasn't been taxed in an on-road vehicle.

Dori, it would be easier to follow your posts if you set your reader to bottom post.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting