Chrysler History

The history of Chrysler Corporation is actually already over. Quite recently Chrysler united with Daimler-Benz and this way Daimler-Chrysler Corporation was formed. This way Chrysler partially lost its independence, although it didn?t loose its individuality. Still the great past of this corporation is really worth studying. During several years of its existence Chrysler managed to enter the Great Three and took its stand in it firmly.

Today Chrysler is taking the third place among enterprises producing American cars after Ford and General Motors. The cars of such famous brands as Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Eagle, and of course Jeep enjoy remarkable popularity among the costumers. Their product market is mainly Nirth America, but it?s worth mentioning that more and more cars of Chrysler brand appear in post-Soviet Byelorussia and Russia. How did Chrysler manage to achieve such great success in a couple of years after is appeared?

In fact Chrysler owes its success to one person. Indeed, the histories of greatest firms are not based on original solutions or outstanding services, these things are just secondary, since the key factor of success is the firm?s founders and management. So speaking about Chrysler, we can?t but mention the person this company was named after, the person that basically gave birth to the company, Walter Chrysler. Walter was born in

1875. He had the following career: since 17 he was an engine?s driver?s mate... I found this cool and scarce info at
SergK

...and the writing isn't any better there

Reply to
cavedweller

Cool? Scarce?

How about "common knowledge." At least to any Mopar fan who's bothered to pick up one of hundreds of books on the automotive industry that have been published over the last 50+ years....

Reply to
Steve

best source for any chrysler buff is

It has very detailed history on all dodge chrysler and Plymouth cars. even the desoto and willies.

if you want chrysler history go there

Starscream

Reply to
Omegasupreme

Sorry to say so, but Chrysler was taken over be DB, it wasn't a merger. Chrysler lost a lot, particularly when many top level Chrysler left because they couldn't stand being directed from Germany. Many Chrysler car designs are now dictated by part sharing with Mercedes.

Chrysler merged in 1998 with Daimler-Benz to form DaimlerChrysler AG. This > was initially touted as a merger of equals, but within a couple of years the > truth was evident: it was a buyout of Chrysler by Daimler-Benz, with the > latter being very much the dominant partner.

Reply to
Some O

And which "So What?" test does this pass?

It's ok for American companies to buy up companies around the world but not ok for non-US companies to acquire units in the US?

Do I detect a touch of hypocrisy?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Nope, just providing info for those USA people so hung up on negativity to "foreign" vehicles. Many don't seem to appreciate how foreign the big

3 have become or how domestic the foreign brands have become. FYI I've owned 3 VWs as well as UK, Japanese and NA vehicles from GM and Chrysler. Being in Canada I love it when someone buys a USA company. They buy up so much of Canada. I will admit I'm not fond of the big German Air Force wing on the front of many recent Chrysler vehicles.
Reply to
Some O