Chrysler Lease

I am currently leasing a Jeep Wrangler. My lease expires at the end of September and in my contract it states I have to pay a vehicle turn- in fee of $425. Because Chrysler has decided to no longer lease their vehicles, as well as other reasons, I do not plan to buy another Chrysler when my lease is up.

Has anyone else been able to negotiate with Chrysler and not pay this turn-in fee???

Reply to
kinnamon.lindsay

This article might help:

You'll have to pay the $425 if you just turn it in.

If you purchase another Chrysler vehicle the $425 is waived and you'll get $725 rebate along with any other rebates currently on the selected vehicle. So thats $1150 on top of normal rebates and incentives you'd save.

What about purchasing your Wrangler for the residual value? That's often less than the vehicle is worth. Then if you don't really want it then sell it for a profit.

Reply to
Miles

Let's get one thing straight. You didn't BUY your current Chrysler, you basically RENTED it.

Unless you were going to drop cash or a car loan, if your MO is to "lease" a new vehicle after the lease on your existing vehicle is up, the correct sentence is:

"...as well as other reasons, I do not plan to RENT another Chrysler when my lease is up..."

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

What are you talking about? English lessons or something? Chrysler no longer leases (RENT) so BUY is proper.

Reply to
Miles

Reply to
Phil T

he can lease/rent/whatever from lots of other companies. just that Chrysler financial wont be the bank of choice any more.

Reply to
rob