Chrysler LHS Code P0455

Yesterday, the check engine light came on on my 2000 LHS. Last month I replaced the gas cap when this happened and everything was OK. I checked the gas cap and it was completely closed. I disconnected the battery and the code disappeared until after I drove it to work and it came on this evening on the way home. I have the same code, P0455, EVAP system leak detected. Are there any other obvious places to check for leaks? Somebody recommended that I check the gas filler seal to the gas tank. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls Ohio

Reply to
Ron

I recently spent a few hundred bucks for a smoke test on my 2001 minivan to find a tiny leak in a rubber hose going to the fuel tank. They also replaced the clock spring to fix the airbag light, but that started occasionally coming back on again. It is such a pia to take the car to the dealer, as he has no loaners, that I put up with it. Rick

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls Ohio

Reply to
Rick

The purge valve is what normally causes this code to set on that model. I would recommend the smoke test before you start tossing parts at it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to