Chrysler Neon SE 1995 starting problems

Hello

I have the above mentioned car with manual gear, and today when driving home from work, the Check Engine light in my cockpit lit up. I drove a mile in it to my house and turned it off. Then i waited for a minute and turned it back on, and the engine did start up, but when i was supposed to enter idle the RPM just drops below the idle and dies out. So i pushed down the gaspedal and turned it on, and I could keep the engine alive by giving it gas while in neutral, and after about 10 seconds the car could substain itsself in idle. I drove around on the parking lot and it drove just fine, and i parked it again and turned it off. Then i waited for a minute and turned it on, and now it just tries to start up, but i can't get any life into it, so it's kind of a setback, because previously the engine would come alive, just not stay in idle.

Any good ideas to what might be wrong?

Reply to
Jimmy

fuel pump, fuel filter, flooded engine

Reply to
Punch

Stuck ekg valve (if that car has one)? Never Forget!!!

jtees4

Idle air control motor is gummed up and not moving well. Get some sensor safe carb cleaner and clean that puppy out.

Reply to
apdlmike