Chrysler Plymouth Voyager 1990

I have a 1990 Plymouth Voyager and tried to get the spare wheel (Tire) down from underneath the other day to check things out. Have unwound the cable from inside the vehicle - as instructed - the wheel drops so far and then hangs, I cannot get it to go the the floor as required. Is there something else I should be doing? - Beside buying a new vehicle! I just can't see what is stopping it from coming right down ..... Help!! :-( Tony

Reply to
Tony Brennan

Could be rust. It is a mess under there. Try WD-40 inside and outside and do alot of jiggling and tugging. The wire assembly on my 86 actually rusted totally away. I kept the spare on the floor jammed under the third seat. If you need to use the spare, you might be able to work the hub (at the end of the wire) off the wheel. As I recall, that retainer was shaped such that it could be slipped out of the center hole in the wheel. Of course you have to hold the wheel in the air to do that! Tough to do, given the location. Good luck. Bob

(Tire) down

Reply to
BeeP

Bob Thanks for that. Will give it a try. The same thing happened on my 86 Plymouth also - went to change the spare and found it was missing - the wire had rusted away and snapped. This wire seems to be OK because it is actually unwinding right out it's just that the damn tire is hanging. Will try again Thanks Regards Tony

Reply to
Tony Brennan