Chysler Discount

Anyone else hear that Chrysler will provide the same "employee discount" for customers, that GM does if GM continues theirs thru next week? And do you think it will apply to the 300C's? sharkman

Reply to
sharkman

Don't hold your breath maybe a rebate or two, Chrysler is in far better shape the big two and continues to get new buyers.

Reply to
Coasty

Ahh, but the OP is correct in what he heard. It was in my local paper yesterday morning, On CNN and can also be found here

many other places. So, he may not be holding his breath too long. Could be good news for me as I am about to replace my aging (95) Caravan.

Reply to
PC Medic

Yep, all speculation at this point, I ani't from Missouri but show me any way.

Reply to
Coasty

Chrysler made $2 billion last year, GM is losing a billion dollars a quarter. GM has to pay people to buy their cars because they don't have anything that anyone wants. Chrysler can't make 300Cs fast enough so I wouldn't expect to see any incentives on it for at least another year. Sebrings and Jeeps are another story, those vehicles aren't particularly special so I would expect that they'll need to match GM's incentives on those lines.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

I wonder what an "employee discount" actually is at GM? Used to be at Chrysler Hqs, and we could buy for factory cost (MLO -- material, labor and overhead) plus $150-$200 paperwork & prep to the dealer who processed the deal. That was 40-ish yrs ago (when we rolled out the original Charger....). My guess is that the employee price has been "reinvented" and is nothing other than dealler invoice for stock-on-hand (which isn't that great a deal).

I think others are right in that Chrysler isn't desperate enough to have to rig up such a promotion.

Reply to
mdrawson

I test drove a charger a few weeks ago. The dealer called me and told me for the 7/4 weekend all vehicles are invoice less 1% including the new charger.

Reply to
Art

July 5th. No idea about the 300C. I would think not, but you never know.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez