Cirrus fuel filter location

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.4L engine. I am trying to determine where the fuel filter is located. I thought that it would be where the lines attach to the fuel tank, as it is on my 1998 Dodge Stratus.

However, the person at the place where I had the A/C service done, tells me that it is located in the tank, and should be serviced when the fuel pump is replaced.

Anyone know the correct location?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmath50

The fuel pump has a prefilter which is just a screen or sock. If you plan on replacing it, go to a parts house and buy one. Once you see it you will know how it is mounted and that should give you a clue as to where it is located.

Reply to
Gyzmologist

It has an external mounted fuel filter. The fuel filter mounts to the frame above the rear of the fuel tank. The inlet and outlet tubes are permanently attached to the filter. buy the filter and the lines come with it.

1.. Remove rear seat. 2.. Disconnect fuel pump electrical connector. Push grommet out and feed jumper completely through hole in body. 3.. Remove fuel cap slowly to release tank pressure. 4.. With vehicle on a hoist, drain fuel from tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Draining in this section. 5.. Remove driver's side fuel tank strap. Loosen, do not remove, passenger side fuel tank strap allowing fuel tank fill neck to touch rear suspension crossmember. 6.. Disconnect fuel lines from fuel pump module. These are quick connect fittings. 7.. Disconnect fuel supply line from the fuel brake module. 8.. Remove fuel filter. This is not a do it yourself job at the house.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower