Cirrus power seat

I posted some info last week on this.

The power seat on my recently purchased 2000 Cirrus will move in all directions except for forward. The left side of the seat attempts to move, but the right side does not follow.

I took it to an auto electric repair shop, and they quoted almost $600 to repair it. Most of the cost was for a new seat base, that probably includes all motors and such. They told me that the unit is not serviceable, and suspect that something is jammed in the right track.

Is this true, or do they not want to bother with it? I have also considered buying a "manual" seat base from a salvage yard, and then moving my seat cushion and back from my current one, if that is possible. I don't have to have a power seat, but would like to be able to move it up from the shorter drivers that will be using it.

Any opinions or suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson

Reply to