CJ Jeep Cherokee Question

Hello All you Mopar Nuts, I just bought myself 2002 CJ Jeep Cherokee and I have a question to ask.As I live in Australia there ain't so much information on the car.But I am a Penastar man! My question the the car goes in overdrive when I start the car(which ain't normal for Australian car), I always have to press the button and the turn off the overdrive and a light on the dashboard states overdrive off is this normal for this car?, and if so am I wasting more fuel by turning the overdrive button off.I like to hear views and I don't drive in 4x4 mode.Thanks in advance MS

Reply to
Amigaman

Most (all?) US vehicles provide an over drive gear by default when the "D" gear is selected. As to whether you will use more fuel or not by leaving it on or off (and corresponding wear and tear on the transmission itself), this would depend on how it is used (mostly short local low speed outings or long highway speed cruising) and the terrain.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman