Code 27 on Caravan 3 Liter

Hi all,

'95 Caravan, 3 liter, 3 sp auto, 140K miles. The computer threw a code 27 tonite. The engine started running terribly, with little to no power, unless I really stomped the throttle.

Strong smell of fuel, white exhaust. The code says " Injector output driver doesn't respond properly to the control signal".

What exactly does this mean? Strangly enough, once I got the code, I restarted it and let it run. The CE light didn't come on, and it runs normally.

Could this be a bad connection somewhere? I should note that it is rainy and damp outside. Could an injector be clogged? Seems that if there is a strong fuel odor, that an injector is sticking open.

Should I have them flushed? I'm looking at all the angles, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks Rick K

Reply to
luckystrike39