cold clutch slipping

In the mornings, when leaving home for work, I notice that when taking off from a stop in first gear, the car,(95 Neon) "chatters" on take off. This only occurs during the first five or less mins of driving. After that, the problem is gone. I am guessing it is the clutch slipping. Anyone have any ideas? When this "Chatter" occurs, the car shakes pritty bad, but only occurs while the clutch is partly engaged and disapears when the clutch peddle is fully released.

Mike mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Mike

I kind of figured that the clutch is failing. I was under the understanding that clutch failure would be more noticeable beyond the initial start up in the morning

Reply to
Mike