Cold Weather and Fuel Injection Fluid

How many times (weekly or monthly) is Fuel Injection Fluid to be placed in the car in the cold temperatures ? ('95 Cirrus)

Thank You

Reply to
S Burt

If you're using quality fuel and keep the tank at least 1/2 full, not needed. The 10% ethanol currently blended into gas should absorb any moisture caused by condensation in the tank.

S Burt wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Reply to
johndoe

Never? I don't use any and my cars fire up fine in the cold.

Reply to
Bill 2

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

IF you mean FUEL INJECTION CLEANER, you really don't need it if you use a brand name fuel. It has the same cleaners in it and all the fuel needs. IF you are talking about "HEAT" products, (isopropyle alcohol), you USUALLY only need it if your vehicle sits a long time (days) in constantly changing weather ( warm - very cold - warm ) which CAN cause condensation to form in the fuel tank. One way to help prevent the condensation is to keep your fuel tank FULL when it is going to sit in a situation like that. I hope this helps.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr