Common exhaust leak?

I have a 2001 Neon and noticed the other day that I have a small exhaust leak just below the tail pipe. I figured it is not much of a big deal. Now I noticed that two of my co-workers with a 2001 and a

2002 have the very same leak starting in the same spoke. Neither one, as well as myself, noticed the leak as it is not making any noise. My question is, is this a common thing? Also, now that I know that I will be in the market for a new muffler, any suggestions on a good muffler that is not a noisy tin can like most of the Civics in my area?

Mike mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca

Reply to
Mike

Neons have caused truble ever sence they started making them. it is a common thing between 2000-2002, when they finally fixed it.

Reply to
bobby892

Are you sure you're not talking about the condensate drain hole? Many mufflers (not sure about the Neon) have a small hole below the tailpipe outlet to allow moisture to drain out.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Reply to