computor software for 3.3 engine

a buddy from work tells me his plymouth voyager 3.3 was getting very bad gas mileage ,so he took it to the dealership and they changed the software in the computer and i made a significant difference in consumption, would anyone know of this and just what this new software is doing. thanks fred

Reply to
fred

I don't know but would sure like too. I've the same problem.

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing_Dude

It MAY have been a TSB (Tech Service Bulletin) that had the software changed. It is probably not a NEW SOFTWARE but is the CORRECT Software for the vehicle. Had a TSB on my Eagle Talon like that about 4 years ago. Had to burn an update into my computer. I could tell a difference in the way it ran, not necessarly in the MPG, (I was already getting around 30mpg in normal everyday driving ;) CHECK with the dealer to see IF there is a TSB on your vehicle. Of course, IF you are out of warranty, you MAY (as in PROBABLY WILL) have to pay to have it done. You only get RECALLS free, after the warranty is out. GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Software is constantly being refined to "fix" known issues. My 97 Dodge GC recently got a transmission software update to "fix" a bucking problem at the point the torque converter would kick in...it worked!

Reply to
James C. Reeves