Concorde LXI 2002 trunk control not working

Hi All, I have 2002 concorde LXI and its trunk is not opening via remote nor from the control inside the car. Its opening with key only now. I check the fuse box and did not find anything relating to trunk. Would you have any idea how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ahtiwana

I would take first a look at opener solenoid, check for contacts and if it's energized.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

I have the same problem with my 02 concorde lx, Chrysler diagnosed it as a bad cable in the interior in the car. I did not bother having it fixed as they wanted a minimum of $200. My solenoid is good , If i apply voltage directly to it, it activates. Check the continuity of the cable that goes through the trunk lid, it might be bad. Lloyd Levitt East Windsor New Jersey

Reply to
Lloyd Levitt

Hello,

A common problem with the trunk release/light/center stop light is breaks in the wiring harness leading to the lock/unlock mechanism (I had it happen on some of my LH vehicles).

So check for continuity (there is a connector on the driver's side of the trunk and thus you can check whether the wires are in tact with a standard multi-meter).

The dealer wanted around $70+ for the new harness. So I decided to fabricate my own -- the weak spot of the existing design is that they have a thick plastic stick inserted into the harness at the point where it has to slide through the ring on the trunk lid (to ensure that the wires don't twist, etc). The breaks happen at the point where the ends of the plastic rod rub against the wires.

Initially, I just simply fixed the breaks and put the harness back together -- however that did not last for long, the wires broke in about the same spot.

The lasting solution was to get rid of the hard plastic stick and instead rewire the harness using NEW wires. I taped the wires together with an electrical tape to make them into a harness. In the place where the wires were attached to the plastic stick I instead put them into a piece of clear tubing of about the same length as the plastic stick was.

This solution worked out OK for me.

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
april1st

As the others have suggested, check the wiring from the instrument panel to the actuator. When my '99 did the same thing, it turned out the connector had come loose at the actuator/lock, and all I had to do was re-connect it. I hope it's that easy for you.

Bill Putney