Convertible top leak

YOu can be sure that the jeep did not have a 'rollbar'. It had a light bar or a style bar, or some other bar. Jeep is not dumb emough to call it that because they don't want people to think, as you know, that the bar can protect them when they flip over.

------------ Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I agree. A real roll bar will have a government certification label on it, certifying it as such. Ran into this while selling my vehicle. The potential buyer was warning me about advertising a bar as a roll bar when it wasn't. Tried to get the price down. When we were inspecting the vehicle previous to negotiating the price, lo and behold, we came across this government certification tag that specifically stated it was a roll bar, the price went up on the vehicle. The buyer was a HD mechanic, and new the difference between a real roll bar and a decoration. He bought the vehicle.

And by the way, I think most vendors would like you to think, it is a roll bar, even if it's not.

Reply to
Nirodac

When I finally brought it in they replaced the weatherstrip at the top, now it extends over the glass on both sides, I still don't use the car much and it's been under a cover during the recent rain storms. It will be a while till I can tell if this actually fixed it.

Reply to
Mr.X

Reply to
philthy