cooling system

BASIC Troubleshooting

My 1997 LHS doesn't seem to be putting out the heat that it should on these cold winter days (just below freezing). I notice that the temp gage reads much closer to the "C" end of the range than to mid-range (see sketch below). I checked the coolant level in the reservoir and it seems to be fine.

Might this be a thermostat problem? If the thermostat was stuck open would it cause these symptoms?

TEMP GAUGE:

(This is after driving the car for >30 minutes.)

Reply to
tfboni

Carl Baron