Cost of transmission fluid change in PT Cruiser?

Threaded View
How much should I expect to pay to have the tranny fluid changed in my
2001 Cruiser? This will be done at a local shop, not at a dealer.

Re: Cost of transmission fluid change in PT Cruiser?

I have seen shops charge anywhere from $59 - $99 to perform this
service. Most shops just remove the pan, drain, replace the filter,
and refill. There are some shops that can flush the entire
transmission. I have never had this done, so I don't know much about
it.

Sometimes, my dealer has offered coupons where they will perform this
service for the same price as independents. Just make sure that
whoever does it, puts in the correct fluid, which is ATF+4. It is now
available from other manufacturers. The last time I checked, the
Chrysler branded ATF+4 could be purchased at Walmart.

KM

Re: Cost of transmission fluid change in PT Cruiser?

Not anymore, or at least not here.  All the local one has now is the super
tech which says +4 on the front but does NOT say 9602 on the back but it
does say 7176 so methinks it is actually only +3.

Re: Cost of transmission fluid change in PT Cruiser?
yeah our local Wal-Mart no longer carries it either.  only the el-cheapo
supertec.Wal-Mart brand i think.

Re: Cost of transmission fluid change in PT Cruiser?

I believe the el-cheap supertec brand that is marked ATF+4 is the proper
fluid.  Chrysler is *very* protective of their markings and they have
licensed out other brands to sell ATF+4.  Because only one supplier
(maybe two?) can make the secret sauce inside ATF+4, it is likely the
same stuff no matter what the label.