Credit Card Scam -- should I cancel my card??

While paying bills this weekend, my wife found a charge on a VISA card for $9.99 from something listed as kcsoftllc. We assumed it was a software upgrade, or something similar, from KC Software. My annual subscription to Norton Anti-Virus was coincidentally on the same bill. But neither of us could remember charging anything for the computer for $9.99. A little digging turned up this link:

The charge was bogus, and we have reported it to VISA. Most people don't bother to research or dispute a charge of less than $10, especially if the VISA bill is several hundred dollars. Even VISA doesn't seem to really care.

There is an interesting twist, in that they KC Soft will respond (sort of) if you complain to them Then they want you to fill out a complaint form with all your personal financial data. Whoa!!

Now the debate begins on whether we should cancel the credit card, or not. Clearly, it's been compromised once.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Keep the card and throw away the form and watch for future charges. Tell visa you never did business with them and if they want send them the form for the fraud department.

Reply to
Art