Current Model Sebring/Stratus - Front-End "Creaking" Sound?

2004 Sebring LXi Sedan (currently at 4400 miles). Perhaps this is normal since my wife's 2003 Stratus (currently at 13,300 miles) makes the same sound. Both have made the sound since new. When turning to the right into a driveway or parking space, there is a noticeable creaking sound from the front suspension heard from both inside and outside the car. I drive fairly gently, so it isn't a "hard" turn. Dealer has checked the suspension components and applied lubrication...nothing seems to help (on either car). They also say they have been unable to reproduce the noise. I'm about ready to write it off as a "normal" noise for this design of the car...it's just a little annoying. Although my wife says she hasn't noticed it...she drives "harder" than I do and I don't notice it either when she drives. Anyway, anyone else out there experienced this?
Reply to
James C. Reeves

Not in a Stratus, but I've been having this problem off and on for the past couple of years in my '98 Neon. I've also been experiencing the creaking going over bumps at slow speeds, but that seems to happen only after I've driven the car over bumpy roads for a while. (The creaking may also be happening at high speeds, but I can't tell for sure because of road noise.)

I've taken my Neon to three different mechanics, and none of them were able to find the problem, much less reproduce the noise.

Reply to
Glenn Shaw

2004 Stratus, 6300 mi, no creaks. 1997 Stratus, 102,000 mi, used to creak once and awhile - but went away. I think it was the sway bar bushings. Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Meyer

Upper front strut bearings ? Good Luck. Bob

annoying.

Reply to
BeeP