Damn electrical outlet(lighter) 1998 Caravan

Both lighter/outlets (one in front and one in rear) stopped working. I have no idea which fuse it could be because there's nothing marked for the lighter/outlet. I looked at all fuses and they appear to be fine. If the problem is not a fuse, then how can I find out what it is and how to fix? Is there a regulator for the lighter/outlet? Thanks in advance. K

Reply to
geo.nova

Besides the fuse, I think there's also a relay that switches the outlet power with the key that could be a problem. If your outlet is configured to be on all the time, I think they replace the relay with a 'block', but it still could have come loose.

Reply to
Mike Y

My son had the same problem in same vehicle (but with the Plymouth badge). There is a fuse, located in the larger fuse block out under the hood on the driver's side (a.k.a. "power distribution center" or some such) labeled "accessory", and, I believe, 10 amp. (It's one of those "mini" fuses, and almost impossible to see the blown wire.) Of course, replacing it didn't help much, as it blew again (from powering even a portable CD player let alone a small air pump), even when we tried plugging in a 15 amp fuse. There was a thread a while back about this problem. One of the ideas was that if any of the wires in that circuit have frayed, effectively reducing the gauge (and therefore the current carrying capacity), it would cause it to draw harder, thereby blowing fuses.

Reply to
Ron Seiden