Dead battery in 04 Liberty

I'm new to this group. I didn't see anything in the FAQ about batteries in Libertys. So the battery in a friends '04 Liberty just died. Is this normal? The car is not quite three years old. I expected the battery to last longer then three years.

Tim

Reply to
tkloth

If the car is not quite 3 years old and still under 3/36 take it back under warranty

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Its not "normal." Its not so strange as to be "abnormal" either. OEM batteries tend to be a bit on the cheap side. A hot summer, an inadvertent deep discharge, or a lot of vibration can kill them. If you want a battery that will last a long time, spend the $$ for an Optima and don't run it dead over and over.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
philthy