Dead tachometer Chrysler Sirrus

In my '95 model 4 cyl, 2 litre Chrysler Sirrus (or Chrysler Stratus as it's called in Europe) the tachometer is dead. I have tested with an other complete set of instruments and it still did not work. The malfunction must be outside the instruments. In the Haynes Repair Manual I can se that the instruments are connected to a "Body Control Module" as a part of a "Junction Box".

Does anybody know where to find this "Body Control Module" or "Junction Box"? Does anybody know where the tachometer gets its input? From one of the sensors..? Thanx in advance. Regards Tore /Oslo / Norway

Reply to
Tore

philthy

Thank you. Yes I have tried that, and the tachometer is not responding in the self test. I have tried a complete change of instruments cluster with the same result and I suspect the test generator might be outside the instruments, perhaps in the "box" I'm tying to find...

"philthy" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@cac.net...

Reply to
Tore

I forgot to mention that the tachometer works sometimes for a few minutes in very dry weather or if the engine is very hot, like after a long hill climb...

"Tore" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@telenor.com...

Reply to
Tore

Take it to the dealer and have them plug a scan tool into it. That will show if the computer is getting a tach signal from the engine or not.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Yes, naturally. Had hoped that someone with detailed knowledge of the car might know where the "Body Control Module" is located...? Regards Tore

"Ted Mittelstaedt" skrev i melding news:newscache$7dhmuj$j4b$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ipinc.net...

Reply to
Tore

BCM is located on junction block under the left side of the instrument panel

Reply to
Road Runner

;-) Thank you! Kind regards from Norway. Tore

"Road Runner" skrev i melding news:3tIkj.1562$ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net...

Reply to
Tore