Dealer lost Five Star status

Our local Dodge dealer recently (within the last 6-12 months) lost its Five Star status from DaimlerChrysler. A friend contacted D-C to inquire what this meant and they would only say that this information is "proprietary."

So how bad does a dealer have to screw up to lose its 5 star status? A lot of customer complaints to D-C? As far as I know they haven't changed ownership. Service experience at this dealer has been mixed. I'm curious if they will react by working extra hard to regain the five star status or if it's a lost cause dealership.

The dealer is Burlington Dodge in Burlington, Massachusetts. Unfortunately the other dealers in the area aren't that great either, just farther away.

Reply to
Greg
5 star is so easy to get now days, I understand its mostly paper work and sales. If that dealer lost it......there must be issues there.
Reply to
damnnickname

To lose 5 star status, a dealer either has to intentionally run over a customer during a test drive, or shoot a customer during negotiations.

Reply to
Art

get/keep

IIRC sales volume employee training customer surveys all play a part in 5 star requirement

Reply to
TNKEV

[SNIP]

No sales volume only plays into what group average SSI and CSI scores are. If his sales went down alot he would change group size but that is a yearly sales score and dropping a group size is longer as it would be a cumulative sales volume over 1 year in lenght, so would take at least two years to be lowered into the smaller group scores.

That is one of the benefits of being 5-star certified! being on the dealer locator. It will show all 5-star certified dealers first if you are looking for a dealer.

Reply to
David

Reply to
tim bur