Dodge Caliber

Now aren't all you guys who blabbered about how duuuumb Chrysler is feeling bad? A little tiny bit of information really helps.

Reply to
Joe

Just Mexican.

Reply to
Spam Hater

I don't feel bad as my Sonata, which is a fair bit larger, gets a 24/34 EPA rating and I'm actually getting 31+ commuting to work. Not having a decent small car cost Chrysler my business after having bought Chryslers almost exclusively since 1989.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
Scootter

I wouldn't believe the EPA numbers. My T&C minivan is rated at 19/24. In city driving we can't get anywhere near 19mph, more like 14 mpg. On the highway at speeds under 75mph, 24 is about right.

---------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

How fast are they going? Even my thirsty T&C 3.8 minivan will do 24mpg if you keep the speed at or below 75mph. As soon as you get off the highway, the mileage plummets.

------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I actualy tested it the other day. Assuming the trip computer is accurate, at 55mph in a goergia evening, over slightly undulating highway, it seemed to average about 30-32mpg. Thats in a 3.8 97 t+c, back windows open, CC set at 55, and the blower (but not the ac) on an set to 1. On a small incline, it'd drop down to about 20 at times, but going down the other side it'd sometimes hit 70 on the display.

of cours,e i'm limited by the accuracy of the measuring tools. As most of you know, the instruments intergal to the vehicle are almost never to evidentiary accuracy.

Reply to
flobert

i just think that Chrsyler is using the same mould: bulky look and blocky grill.

The Neon, was lets admit it, at least original. It didnt have to go.

Bring back Plymouth! lol

Art wrote:

Reply to
mudpucket

The only sure way to measure mpg is several fills.

Reply to
Spam Hater

My mom's 1987 V8 Chrysler 5th Avenue (had a gas guzzler tax) gets 25 MPG on the highway.

Reply to
Dave

Most vehicles since the mid 80s get excellent highway mileage. It's the urban and city mileage we do so much of that gives ugly MPG with large displacement gasoline engines.

Reply to
Spam Hater