Dodge Caravan 1997 - Brake light comes on during driving

Hello,

I have 1997 dodge caravan. The "!Brake" light comes on the dash borad panel once a while for few seconds and goes away by itself. It is the same light when you apply parking brakes.

I'm just wondering if this light have any other meaning other than that the parking brake is engaged. I have don't usually use parking brakes when is parked on flat surface. Probably, last time I used it would have been 2-3 weeks ago or more.

Any suggesions to trouble shoot it?

Should I be worried about it? I.e. something wrong with the braking system?

Thank you.

Reply to
john smith

The brake fluid in the master cylinder is probably low, If it is, you may want to have your brakes pads/shoes checked for wear. If the linnings are ok, just top the fluid off. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks maxpowser. I'll have the brakes checked. The reservoir on my van is at a place where it is almost imposible to check how much low it is. But I have to find a way to look into this other than removing the hood from the van:)

Reply to
john smith

But I

Reply to