Dodge Caravan 93 Rough Running Wet !!

it has the 3.0 V-6, about 115K miles, runs perfectly when dry, bogs down in wet/rainy weather !!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Also, I have the complete authentic Ford Lincoln Mercury service manuals (combined) for 95 and 99, on separate CD's, for $10 each in case anyone is interested. snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com

Reply to
septicman

I had a 94 Acclaim with the 3.0 Mitsubishi in it that did the same thing. When the A604 started "slipping" about the same time I flogged the car and sold it for cheap.

Usually when it is moisture related, this is electrical problems - and specifically high-voltage electrical - IE your ignition system.

I did notice in the engine that I had that there was a "conventional" distributor rather that an electronically controlled and fired coil pack. My experience from days of yore with distributors is that that are a pain in the neck. That is where I would start. Check your plug wires first - always do the simple stuff first. If it has been a long time sunce the wires were replaced (5 or more years) you may want to just replace them with a new set as good PM practice. Check your distributor cap for small cracks. Check the rotor. I don't think these distributors had "points & condenser", but it is worth a look.

Good luck. Let us know what you f>it has the 3.0 V-6, about 115K miles, runs perfectly when dry, bogs

Reply to
NewMan

Since the 3.0 has a distributor, I would suggest starting there. Check the cap for cracks or other places where water may enter. The boots on the wires should seal tight around the wires and on the cap. Also, the cap should have a good seal on the distributor.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

I just had the same problem with my 1996 Ford van,the cure was a complete tuneup,especially the spark plugs,distributor cap,rotor, and new wires

Reply to
fishead

Had the same problem years ago with a 1980 Dodge Colt. New plug wires fixed the problem. Good luck.

Reply to
JRS