Dodge/Chrysler "Miles of Freedom Plan"

Tow years worth of gas

5 year/60K Full Mechanical Limited Warranty 2 Year/24K Scheduled Maintenance.

I have yet to read the fine print but check for yourselves.

I am still waiting for more attractive incentives (cash) before pursuing either the 300C/Charger or Magnum.

Oh, well. Maybe in a few months?

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Oh, then your just the customer they are looking for.

If you had read the fine print ON THE WEB PAGE you linked to you would have seen:

"Maximum amount $2,367.00. See dealer for details of scheduled maintenance and a copy of the 5 year or 60,000 mile limited warranty. Not available on Charger, Magnum, 300, Viper, Sprinter, and SRT8 models" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Historically, the best deals are towards the end of the model year.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

If I openly admitted I didn't read the fine print *yet*, but would later on, why would Chrysler be interested in customers like me? I wanted to get the information out to the group but had to run. That didn't imply that I would go to the dealer and just purchase a new vehicle without first reading the fine print.

I will just keep an eye on the Chrysler and Dodge websites for now.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

Reply to
philthy

Simple, because you responded to their advertising without stopping to read the fine print. Someone like myself would have seen it and gone "eh, there must be a catch" and gone about their business, and 5 minutes later completely forgotten it. If we had been interested enough for it to register we would have stopped what we were doing to read it fully.

I think you need to keep an eye on the local dealers. The website seems pretty worthless. They don't even have the complete text of the warrranty offer up on it - to get it you have to visit the dealership.

It's the old "we giveth with the big print and taketh with the small print"

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Correct but not for the reason you claim

The max amount for 2 years is $2367, assuming the cost of gas over the next

2 years averages $2.50 gallon, that's 473 gallons a year. assume an average mpg of 20mpg and that's 9,468 miles a year. The vast majority of new car buyers will drive more than that and so won't "lose in that way.

The real problem is by failing to take the cash discount, if you finance the car then you are in effect borrowing the $2,367 and paying interest on it until you spend it on gas.

It's a scheme that got your attention, didn't it?

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I still think we are not on the same page. All I did was post the link and told everyone to read the fine print as I didn't have the time to research it at the moment. Normally, I would have read the fine print and commented on the article accordingly.

As far as the dealers are concerned, yes, they try their best to get the most out of the uneducated consumer. I had one Toyota dealer quote me on a lease for an Avalon and then ended it with "Gap Insurance" is extra. I said okay and walked out. Heck, after test driving their car, I didn't see anything special about it anyway, including "their special price"

I have since looked at the Buick Lucerne, Acura RL and TL and the Charger,

300C and Magnum. I even tried the Lexus. So far, the Mopars provide the most headroom and legroom. Now, which one to purchase?

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

I always wait in hopes of a nice cash or APR program. Haven't seen it yet with the exception of the 2005 vehicles left over. Unfortunately, DC is not offering much on the vehicles I'm looking for. If you want a Durango, Minivan or Pacifica, now's the time to buy.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

NJ Vike: "I still think we are not on the same page. All I did was post the link and told everyone to read the fine print as I didn't have the time to research it at the moment. Normally, I would have read the fine print and commented on the article accordingly.

As far as the dealers are concerned, yes, they try their best to get the most out of the uneducated consumer. I had one Toyota dealer quote me on a lease for an Avalon and then ended it with "Gap Insurance" is extra. I said okay and walked out. Heck, after test driving their car, I didn't see anything special about it anyway, including "their special price"

I have since looked at the Buick Lucerne, Acura RL and TL and the Charger,

300C and Magnum. I even tried the Lexus. So far, the Mopars provide the most headroom and legroom. Now, which one to purchase?"

Before I every buy a new vehicle, I talk to my credit union and usually get preapproved for a certain price range. I then go to the dealership and negotiate below my preapproved limit. I then let them offer me financing and sometimes you get an extra rebate by financing through them. I then leave there and go back to my credit union where I refinance the vehicle thus taking advantage of the extra rebate. Credit Unions offer simple interest loans so you don't pay nothing but interest up front. Dealerships hate when you have your own financing. They can't make money on you on the back end.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

A lot of people out there have such piss-poor credit that the credit unions won't touch them.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Sarge,

I did contact them and will let them know when I make a decision.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

And those folks shouldn't be in a new car dealer's showroom! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yah would think so!

Unfortunately, a lot of those same people figure that they can manage a monthly car payment, but they can't manage an unexpected repair that costs $1000, so their logic is that they are better off buying a new vehicle since that way their monthly expenses are fixed, nothing unexpected.

This is why so many Neons out there, by the time they get sold on the used market, are completely trashed, as the owners have never done any maintainence on them.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt