Dodge Dakota overheating

x-no-archive:yes

My brother has I think a 2002 Dodge Dakota with a 6 cyl engine. He says it started running hot then the check engine light came on. He said there are no leaks. I am assuming it is the thermostat. Where is the thermostat on this engine and is it hard to get to and change? What should I look out for? Could this just be the temperature guage sending unit?

Is the termostat hard to replace?

Any advice is appreciated!

Reply to
stryped

The check engine light turns off after it cools down I think.

When a truck overheats doesnt the light automatically come on?

Reply to
stryped

Nope. a code has been stored, what is the fault code?

Reply to
maxpower

You aren't thinking nearly enough...

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

x-no-archive:yes

What does that mean? I have not even seen the truck yet. It was what my brother was telling me over the phone.

Reply to
stryped

Well, it might mean that someone thinks you should offer up more first hand information before you start asking questions. Your first post confirmed that you didn't know for sure what kind of truck your brother had. ("...I think...")

Why not go see your brother, look at his truck and see if you can answer some of your own questions?

Lift the hood and you may find the thermostat all by yourself....I think you can....I think you can.....

Reply to
cavedweller