Dodge Dakota still will not start

I have a 1994 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 5.2L. 5sp. It started to die when driving and after sitting for a little bit (1/2 hr) started back up again and ran for a few more days. Now will not even start-starter kicks over and fuel pressure is 36#. So fuel pump should be okay? I do not see a spark in the cylinder. I changed plugs/wires/ distributer cap/rotor and still won't kick over.Can anyone give me more suggestions?

Reply to
lindamg

Fuel pressure is supposed to be between 44-52 psi. If you are not sure about the pressure reading you can spray a throttle body cleaner into the throttle body to see if it starts, if it does you may have a bad fuel pump. The next thing would be is to check for fault codes with a scann tool.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname