Dodge Intrepid Code 41 ?

The car slipped into a lower gear after getting warmed up driving around for a couple of hours.

Transmission rebuilt, $2G later, but still the same problem and the same code 41.

Any ideas? Please, I could use some advice.

Thank you.

Reply to
johndoe

Find a new mechanic(s). The one you used made a quick and large sale on you, and didn't find or fix the actual problem.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

where and how are you getting this code, I can't find a code 41 in my obd2 codes?

back to the shop, and tell them you got ripped off.

Reply to
Punch

Probably one of the $30 sensors that was the only bad part in the original transmission (usually the turbine speed sensor or output speed sensor.)

Reply to
Steve

Code 41 is an electrical problem in the Low/Reverse solenoid circuit. This is an ELECTRICAL problem.

Best regards, Bill

Reply to
Bill

I was chatting with a gentleman in another group:

He said you can rebuild them all you want, but the firmware in the computer must be updated, other wise the transmission will continue to self destruct.

I have heard of this before, but I am limited in Dodge/Chrysler experience, I do mostly GM/

I hope this helps?

Refinish King

PS Call a few transmission rebuilders, and ask about this, and tell the rebuilder. He is ultimately responsible.

Reply to
Refinish King

This is the case for early models of these. The OP didn't say what year he was using. If the trans computer has cooling fins it is a newer style. The older non-finned styles cannot be flashed, and the early ones of those have the bad firmware.

The fact the problem still exists after $2G spent is pretty indicitave the original mechanic didn't know what he was doing. If I was the OP I would have filed a credit card chargeback quicker than shit. How is the mechanic going to even prove he put in a new trans if the problem is still there? For all the OP knows, it could be the same trans.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt